Dr. Scott M. Pierce is a physician in Melrose Park, Illinois, specializing in Obstetrics and Gynecology. Retired June 1, 2017. Please call 708-450-4545 to reach Dr. James Gomez who took over my practice. He has over 25 years of delivery and surgical experience.
Mission and Objectives:
- For the Care of Women.
- Treating patients promptly and with compassion.
- Providing the personal touch of a solo physician.
- Spending the time necessary so that patients can understand treatment plans.
- Keeping up to date with innovations in the medical field.
- Carmel High School, Mundelein, IL. – graduated June 1967
- Northwestern University (Evanston, IL) – graduated B.A. “With Distinction”, Psychology, June 1971
- University of Missouri (Kansas City) – graduated B.A. “With Distinction”, Chemistry, June 1973
- Northwestern University Medical School (Chicago, IL) – graduated M.D. June 1977
- Mt. Sinai Medical Center (Chicago, IL) – Residency in Obstetrics & Gynecology, graduated June 1981
- Private practice with Pildes, Chams, Lehrer & Pierce, S.C.
Full partner July 1, 1981 to February 28, 1986
- Private practice with Drs. Pildes and Pierce, S.C.
Full partner March 1, 1986 to present; Dr. Pildes retired 1995
- Board certified by the American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology, December 1983. Lifetime certification.
Dr. Pierce is required for continued licensure to do a minimum of 50 credit hours of continuing medicial education each year (he actually does over a 150 hours per year to maintain current in his specialty).
- Fellow of the American College of Obstetrics & Gynecology since 1984
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Loyola Gottlieb Memorial Hospital (teaching medical students and residents who are training to become Obstetricians/Gynecologists).
- Attending OB/GYNE Loyola Gottlieb Memorial Hospital (Melrose Park, IL)
- Senior consultant attending Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology from January 1, 1987
- Attending since July, 1981.
MAIN ACADEMIC INTERESTS
- Keeping up to date in my field of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- Golf nut with my wife, photography, computers and their use in medicine, watching my delivered babies grow up.
- Up to date computer system from same company since 1984. ICD10 compliant (new diagnosis codes from the government).
AREAS OF SPECIAL INTEREST
- Mini-laparotomy surgery and Misgav-Ladach Cesarean section with less post op pain.
- LEEP surgery for diseases of cervix (abnormal pap smears).
- Obstetric & gynecologic ultrasound since 1977
- Computers and applications to medical practice management
- Continuing education of nursing personnel and medical students
Jules, Harriett, Dr. Pierce, Polly:
“Happy 25th” By: Harriett 12-7-06